I have never in my life received a nomination for an award so seeing this today definitely made me so happy. I have Rafi Nandi from the Loneart1st to thank for this nomination. It truly makes me feel like I am on the right track and I am even more excited to continue on this journey. Now you are probably wondering what the sunshine blogger award is. Let me explain.
Sunshine Blogger Award
The Sunshine Blogger Award is simply an award to bring the blogging community together and create relationships. It is basically a nomination given to bloggers by bloggers. Getting a nomination from a blogger means they find you inspiring and you bring light to their lives and the lives of your readers. There are a few simple rules to follow when nominated.
Rules for the Award:
◾You simply need to thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog
◾Answer the eleven questions the blogger has asked you
◾Thereafter, you need to nominate 11 bloggers to receive this award and create 11 new questions you would like them to answer
◾Notify the bloggers via social media or blog comment
◾List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your site
These are the eleven questions by Rafi Nandi
- What are the changes in your life after you started blogging?
My life has definitely gotten a lot busier and a lot more programmed. I have become more dedicated to my work. I do have less time for myself as I am a new blogger and consistency is key. I used to read a bit before I started blogging but nowadays I have developed a habit of reading a lot more. Blogging has also helped me tap into my creativity a lot more.
- If you could make a wish, just a wish, what would you wish for? Be wise on this one.
I would wish for peace of mind. That for me covers everything.
- What is the most ridiculous thing you’ve ever seen from people around you?
Hmmm this is a difficult question, my memory is a little foggy right now. I do remember one ridiculous thing I did. When I was younger, I bought a lottery ticket this one time. When it was time to check if I had won the cash prize, my brain automatically directed my focus to the draw number instead of the actual lottery numbers I had played. Clearly I thought I had won because the draw number matched so here’s me jumping for excitement and basically dragging my sister to the closest lottery retailer to claim my cash prize. Thank God all the stores were closed. How embarrassing would that experience have been? I did get my wakeup call a few days later when I did my proper research and realized none of the numbers matched.
- Picture yourself standing in a town you don’t recognize, you are by yourself. You carry a bag and inside it contains a meal, a balance of 2500 town cash, just admit it as a dollar cash, a survival manual and a piece of a lost map that reveals where you are. What is the first thing you will do?
Typically my response would be to find a good spot, sit down and eat up all the food as I am a foodie but I guess a more intelligent response would be to go through the survival manual to decipher what my best options are and how I can successfully manage all of my available resources.
- How strong is your empathy to poor and disabled people?
- What is your passion?
I have a passion for sewing. I love it so much because sewing helps me to create a world for myself where I feel the most protected. I also have a passion for writing books.
- Describe one thing that irritates you the most.
The one thing that irritates me the most is superiority. I could never understand why certain people may feel like they are on a pedestal and everybody else is beneath them and can be trampled upon. I have always believed that irrespective of your status in the society or the amount of money in your bank account, you still need to remain humble. Just because other people are not up to your standards does not make them less of human beings. Everyone needs to be treated with respect and regard.
- Are you prone more to intellectual intelligence or emotional intelligence?
I am definitely more prone to emotional intelligence. Emotional intelligence is what makes a good person.
- If Sunshine Blogger Award also available in material form, which form would you prefer? Such as trophy, medal, certificate etc.
I would suggest a trophy because just like Wikipedia describes it, it is a tangible and durable reminder of an achievement and it serves as recognition of merit.
- What is your favorite time in a day?
Definitely the night time when I finally get to retire to my bed. I love my sleep so much.
- What is the word you see from this unfinished word: Lo_er
I see lover, loner, lower. Can’t really pick one.
My nominees are:
Questions for my nominees
- Where do you see yourself and your blog in the next five years?
- What are your aspirations in life?
- If you had to choose between family, money and career, what would be your pick and why?
- If you could become any animal, what would it be and why?
- What are the top three things on your bucket list you would love to achieve before you exit this earth?
- What is the one favorite blog post you have written so far?
- What is your greatest pet peeve?
- If you could pick only one item to survive on for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- If one word could describe your entire life, what would it be?
- What is the one thing you wish you had done differently in your past?
- If you could pitch an idea to grow the blogging community, what would it be?